Auto Insurance Tips: How to save money on Michigan Auto Insurance
5 Tips to save money on Plymouth Auto Insurance
Have you reviewed your auto insurance policy lately? If you live in Michigan, you probably signed up with a Michigan auto insurance company, began paying monthly, and then essentially forgot about the policy. Honestly, how many of us really think about our auto insurance policy unless we are in an accident and all of a sudden it becomes invaluable?
If you don’t review your policy regularly and stay in touch with your Michigan auto insurance agent, you may be missing out on some substantial discounts. Take a few minutes to review these 5 tips about how you can save money on your Michigan auto insurance.
1. Bundle your policies – When you put all of your insurance policies with one company it not only makes it easier to keep track of your policies, but it will likely save you money as well. You can typically save 15-20% if you purchase your homeowners insurance or renters insurance from the same insurance company.
2. Ask for higher deductibles – One of the best ways to save money on your Michigan car insurance is to increase your deductibles. The deductible is the amount of money you have to pay before your insurance company picks up the rest of the bill. Since you would have more risk by increasing your deductible from $500 to $1,000, for example, can save you as much as 30% on your auto insurance.
3. Paid-in-full discount – Many Plymouth, MI auto insurance companies offer up to a 5% discount if you pay the entire premium up-front. Plus you will not get charged the very popular “service fee” that many insurance companies charge for each bill they mail out.
4. Maintain a good driving record – Many car insurance companies will offer discounts after 3 years of being accident and ticket free.
5. Ask about discounts for youthful operators – Youthful operators are drivers 25 years old or younger. There are good student discounts for those that are in school full-time and maintain a 3.0 or better GPA i.e. a “B” average.
It’s important to keep in mind that reputation, service, and quality of coverage are the most important factors when selecting a Michigan auto insurance company, but we hope these tips will help you save money as well.
Want to get your Michigan auto policy reviewed by a local Michigan insurance agent?