Fire, flooding, catastrophic events – nobody likes to think about the unthinkable, especially when it comes to your home. But when the unthinkable happens, will you be prepared? Does your policy include temporary housing should you be displaced? Will items lost be covered? What about those valuables?
With Laginess, you can ensure that all your questions will be answered. Our insurance experts understand that your home is an investment, and that protecting it is incredibly important. We work with the most reputable and responsible homeowner insurance providers to ensure that you have the right coverage for any type of event. Laginess agents can help you craft a policy with the following:
- Your home
- Other buildings or structures on your property
- Personal belongings (i.e. furniture, clothing, appliances, etc.)
- Additional living expenses
- Personal legal liability
- Home replacement guarantee
- Replacement cost on contents
- Additional coverage form
- Sewer back-up/sump pump failure coverage
When it comes to these types of events, we know the stress they can cause to you and your family. When you choose Laginess, your policy comes with an agent who will be there for you every step of the way. Contact us today for a free consultation or get started on a virtual quote today.
For additional questions, keep reading for our FAQ’s or fill out one of our questionnaires below.
Homeowners insurance is a form of personal lines insurance. The typical homeowners policy has two main sections:
- Covers the property of the insured.
- Provides personal liability coverage to the insured.
- Get the amount and type of insurance that you need.
- Determine the amount of personal property insurance and personal liability coverage that you need.
- Select any additional endorsements you want to add to your policy. For example, do you want the personal property replacement cost endorsement?
When actual cash value is used in a policy, a policy owner is entitled to the depreciated value of the damaged property.
When replacement cost coverage is used in a policy, a policy owner is reimbursed an amount necessary to replace the article with one of similar type and quality at current prices.
Coverage C of a homeowner’s policy provides named perils coverage. This applies to all your personal property (except property that is specifically excluded).
Direct damages due to earthquakes are not covered under the standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in an area that is prone to earthquakes, you may want to consider adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy. This endorsement will cover damages due to earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, and other earth movements.
If your property lies in a flood plain as determined by US Government Flood Maps. Ask your independent agent about a flood quote.